Interim Pathway for Caregivers: After you apply

The Interim Pathway for Caregivers ended on October 8, 2019. If you submitted an application before or on October 8, we’ll continue to process it.

If you need to send us your language test results or educational credential assessment, follow the instructions in the guide.


If you have to give biometrics, we’ll send you a biometric instruction letter (BIL) which will direct you to a list of biometric collection service points you may choose from.

You must bring the BIL with you to the biometric collection service point to give your biometrics.

Processing your application

An immigration officer will make sure that you:

  • filled out your application forms correctly and signed them
  • paid your fees
  • submitted your biometrics (if required)
  • meet the language requirements
  • provided proof of qualifying work experience
  • meet the education requirements, and
  • included all other required documents and information specified in the application package

If your application isn’t complete, it won’t be processed and it will be sent back to you.

You can check the status of your application online after we’ve started processing your application.

Avoiding delays

To avoid delays:

  • tell the processing office about any changes to your personal information, such as your address, telephone number or email, or the birth of a child
  • don’t contact the processing office more than once about the same issue

Your application will be delayed if:

  • there are criminal or security problems or we need to do more background checks
  • your family situation is not clear – reasons could include a divorce or an adoption that is not yet complete or child custody issues that have not been resolved, or
  • the processing office has to contact other IRCC offices in Canada or abroad to verify the data you gave

Decision on your application

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: