Interim Pathway for Caregivers: How to apply
Follow these steps to apply through the Interim Pathway for Caregivers.
How to complete your application
The application package includes a guide and all the forms you need to fill out. Use the guide to help you fill out the forms correctly.
Fill out the forms on your computer. When you’re done:
- validate the Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 553.83 KB) online.
- Click the ‘Validate’ button on the form.
- If there are any fields you still need to fill out, they will be outlined in red.
- print the validated application form, including the barcode page(s).
- This page will come up after you validate the form.
- sign and date the form
- include all the pages of the application form, including the barcode page(s) with your application
- print the other forms, and sign and date them
- use the Document Checklist (PDF, 3.39 MB) to make sure you don’t miss anything
Answer all questions carefully, completely and truthfully. There are serious consequences for applicants who misrepresent themselves or leave out relevant information on their application.
Pay your application fees
In most cases, your fees include:
- processing fees for you and anyone you include on your application
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
You have to pay your fees online.
When you finish, you must print a receipt of your payment and include it with your application.
You and your family members may need to give your fingerprints and photograph (biometric information) at a biometric collection service point.
In most cases, you must pay a biometrics fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays. The biometrics fee covers the cost of collecting fingerprints and a digital photo.
After you pay the biometrics fee with a complete application, we’ll send you a letter to tell you if you need to give your biometrics and where you can go. You must show this letter when you give your biometrics.
You must give your biometrics in person. You should book an appointment.
You’ll have to pay third parties if you need a:
The instruction guide can help you understand which fees apply to you and how to pay them.
Submit your application
Make sure you:
- answer all questions
- sign your application and all forms
- include your fee payment receipt, and
- include all the supporting documents
Before you submit your application, use the Document Checklist (PDF, 3.39 MB) to make sure you don’t forget anything. If you forget something, your application will be sent back to you. You’ll have to fix any errors and submit it again before the Interim Pathway for Caregivers closes on June 4, 2019.
Mail your complete application to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada:
Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
c/o PR (CG), Station 805
9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3
Don’t send your application to any other processing center or visa office.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: