Permanent residence pathways for Hong Kong residents: Get your documents ready

Before you apply for permanent residence, you should gather all the documents you need. Your application may be delayed if you’re missing anything. You can find a full list of the documents you need to submit in your document checklist.

On this page:

Language test

You must provide a copy of your language test results that shows you have a level 5 score in all 4 skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) on one of the following scales:

If you haven’t already completed a language test, make sure you book one early. It takes time to book the test and get your results.

Intent to live in a province or territory other than Quebec

If you currently live in Quebec, you must prove that you intend to live in a province or territory other than Quebec.

To prove this, you can provide one or more of the following:

Post-secondary education (stream A only)

We made changes to the eligibility requirements for stream B (Canadian work experience)

As of August 15, 2023, if you apply for stream B (Canadian work experience), you no longer need post-secondary education to be eligible. Read the full announcement.

You must provide

They must show that you graduated

If you have a diploma or certificate from a graduate or post-graduate program, you must also include both of the following:

Canadian work experience (stream B only)

You must provide proof for each job you list in your application. This could be

Page details

Date modified: