Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: find a job
Find a job
In addition to the requirements on this page, each community will have their own requirements and job search process. To find a job, you must follow the instructions on their websites.
Once you have a job offer, and meet all the requirements, you can apply for a community recommendation.
Job offer requirements
The job you’re offered must meet all of these requirements:
- The job must be full-time
- This means mean you work at least 30 paid hours per week
- The job must be non-seasonal
- In general, this means you have consistent and regularly scheduled paid employment throughout the year
- Your employment is permanent
- This means that there is no set end date
- The wage must meet or exceed the Job Bank’s minimum wage for your job offer’s National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- Your experience must show that you can perform the duties of the job offered
Your job offer must be at the same skill level, 1 level above or 1 level below the NOC that matches your work experience.
Exception: If your experience is in NOC skill level D, then the job you’re being offered must be in the same occupation.
- NOC 0 job offer: work experience in NOC 0 or A
- NOC A job offer: work experience in NOC 0, A or B
- NOC B job offer: work experience in NOC A, B or C
- NOC C job offer: work experience in NOC B or C
- NOC D job offer: work experience in NOC D
We’ll review the main duties of your job offer to confirm that it meets the NOC skill level.
The pilot will launch in participating communities at different times.
If a website is listed as “coming soon,” the pilot hasn’t launched in that community.
|North Bay, ON||Coming soon|
|Sudbury, ON||Coming soon|
|Timmins, ON||Coming soon|
|Sault Ste. Marie, ON||www.welcometossm.com|
|Thunder Bay, ON||www.gotothunderbay.com|
|Moose Jaw, SK||Coming soon|
|West Kootenay (Trail, Castlegar, Rossland, Nelson), BC||Coming soon|
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: