Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: Proof of funds

Note: These numbers are based on 12.50% of the low income cut-off totals for rural areas. They are updated every year. You should double-check that you still have enough money to support your family if you immigrate to Canada.

You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada, unless you’re already working in Canada with a valid work permit.

You can’t borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they’re not coming with you).

Your proof can be 1 or more of the following:

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

The money must be available both

You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access the money to use here when you arrive.

The amount of money you need to support your family depends on the size of your family. We update these amounts every year.

Number of family members
(including those you support who aren’t immigrating with you)
Funds you need
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $2,290
2 $2,851
3 $3,505
4 $4,256
5 $4,827
6 $5,444
7 $6,062
For each additional family member $618
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: