Blended Visa Office-Referred Program
How the BVOR program works
The Blended Visa Office-Referred (BVOR) Program gives Canadians and permanent residents a chance to play a key role in helping refugees in need of resettlement. Through this program, Canadian citizens and permanent residents can
- become private sponsors and
- get matched with refugees identified by a referral organization, like the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR).
To help refugees start their new lives in Canada, private sponsors commit to providing
- 6 months of financial support and
- 12 months of social, emotional and settlement support
The Government of Canada provides the other 6 months of financial support.
Why sponsor through BVOR?
Sponsoring through the BVOR program
- invigorates and enhances our communities and
- allows Canadians to
- have a direct impact on their communities
- contribute to global efforts to help refugees in need of protection
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: