Blended Visa Office-Referred Program: How to apply
Identifying a refugee to sponsor
- IRCC officers do an initial review of the refugee files provided by the United Nations Refugee Agency. This review identifies potential cases for sponsorship under the BVOR program.
- Case information is provided to the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP) in Canada to be shared with potential sponsors.
To get refugee profiles, you can contact the RSTP.
- The RSTP will give you information about the refugee and his/her family. This will help you decide whether to proceed with a sponsorship. If no sponsor shows interest in considering a case within 14 calendar days, the case will be processed under the Government-Assisted Refugees Program.
- If you are interested in a refugee case, tell the RSTP. They will reserve the case for you within the 14 calendar days.
- You have 30 calendar days to submit a sponsorship application to the Resettlement Operations Centre in Ottawa (ROC-O).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: