Blended Visa Office-Referred Program: How to apply
How to apply
To apply to sponsor a refugee through the Blended Visa Office-Referred (BVOR) program, you must
- choose a refugee from the list
- follow the instructions for your type of sponsorship group to submit your application
1. Choose a refugee
We work with refugee referral organizations, like the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR), to identify refugees who need to be resettled and may be suitable for the BVOR program. We call these organizations our referral partners.
We only consider refugees for the BVOR program after we fully assess their application against Canada’s eligibility and admissibility requirements. This process includes security screening and medical examinations. We’ll decide if a refugee is suitable for the BVOR program only if they’re first approved for resettlement through this process.
We regularly update the list of BVOR refugees available for sponsorship.
View refugee profiles
To view the profiles, you can
- email the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP) (email@example.com) request refugee profiles
- look through the online list of individuals or families available for sponsorship
The RSTP will help you choose a refugee to sponsor by considering
- if they already have family or friends in your community
- if other members of the same ethno-cultural background live in your community
- the language skills and support you can offer them
- job availability in your community
- the number of refugees you can support
- if they would have access to affordable housing
- if they would have access to support services for refugees like
- medical facilities
- trauma counselling
- language training
Let us know who you want to sponsor
If you find a profile you’re interested in, email the RSTP (firstname.lastname@example.org). They’ll prevent other groups from sponsoring these refugees while you’re preparing your sponsorship application.
After you choose a profile, we give you the information you need to complete your sponsorship application, like the refugee’s personal details.
2. Submit your application
Once you tell the RSTP you’re interested in a refugee profile, you have 14 calendar days to submit your sponsorship application. After that, other sponsorship groups will be able to sponsor those refugees. This is to make sure refugees don’t wait too long to get sponsored after we add their profile to the list.
The instructions to submit your application depend on your type of sponsorship group.
See how to apply as a
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: