It’s free to participate, but you need to register first. We’ll send you more details about the event after we confirm your registration.
Destination Canada Mobility Forum gives you access to a pool of qualified candidates from France, Belgium and around the world.
The following sectors have high potential for qualified applicants:
- information technology
- marketing and communications
- culinary and food industries
- aeronautics and avionics
Employment counsellors will provide support for recruitment at the event. There will be 2 main categories of candidates:
- Candidates who will be ready to leave for Canada with an open work permit. That means they can go to Canada immediately and start working from the day they arrive. You don’t need to do any other steps related to their immigration.
- Other candidates will be eligible for a work permit under the Mobilité Francophone stream. The occupation fields in this stream are in managerial, professional and technical/skilled trades. This allows you to hire French-speaking and bilingual workers from abroad to work outside of Quebec without having to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment.
Are you interested in being part of the next Destination Canada Mobility Forum?
Registration for the next Mobility Forum will open in December 2020.
After you start your registration
We’ll communicate with you to complete your registration. By registering, you’ll receive updates including detailed schedules and technical information for each venue as the event approaches.
If you’re unsure whether you’ll be able to travel to the event, register and indicate “undecided” for your participation in Paris, Brussels, or both. You can change that information once you’re sure.
If you have any questions, contact the Embassy of Canada in Paris.
You can participate in Paris, Brussels, or both cities. You can also post your jobs now and confirm your attendance later.
Prepare your job posting
Once we confirm your participation, you must provide:
- a description of your company or organization
- your job descriptions.
Please provide your information and the job description in English and French.
We may contact you to discuss your requirements and your job postings.
Candidates selected for you
The public employment services are in charge of matching candidates with job postings based on their resumes. Other candidates will introduce themselves to you at the event.
You can consult the resumes of the candidates pre-selected for your job postings online. If you can’t travel to meet candidates, you can contact them to conduct interviews by telephone or videoconference.
What we provide
We’ll provide the space, tables, chairs, and internet connection. We will also transport display materials (banners, roll-ups) from Paris to Brussels. An accommodation package will be available from a travel agency.
You will not be charged a fee for the services provided by the employment counsellors, who work for the French and Belgian government. However, you will be required to give feedback on the candidates you hire through the Destination Canada Mobility Forum. An email will be sent to you from an employment counsellor shortly after the forum. If you wish to participate in future events, you must respond with your feedback.
We don’t cover costs such as:
- hotel and meals
- shipping documents and promotional material to Paris and or Brussels from your company address.
Reminder for dual citizens
You can’t travel or transit through Canada by air with a non-Canadian passport if you’re a dual Canadian citizen. You need a valid Canadian passport to board your flight. Learn more about requirements for dual Canadian citizens.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: