Destination Canada Mobility Forum: Attend as an employer
About the Forum
Canadian employers attending Destination Canada Mobility Forum are companies of all sizes from a variety of sectors seeking bilingual and French-speaking talent for jobs outside Quebec.
It’s free to participate, but you need to register first. We’ll send you more details about the event after we confirm your registration.
When is it?
The 16th edition of the forum will be held at the end of February 2021 and will be entirely online.
Helping you find the right candidates
Destination Canada Mobility Forum gives you access to a pool of qualified candidates from around the world.
The following sectors have high potential for qualified applicants:
- information technology
- marketing and communications
- culinary and food industries
- aeronautics and avionics
There will be 2 main categories of candidates:
- Candidates who are ready to leave for Canada with an open work permit. This means they can come to Canada immediately and start working from the day they arrive. You won’t need to take any other steps related to their immigration.
- Candidates who are eligible for a work permit under the Mobilité Francophone stream. The types of occupations in this stream are managerial, professional and technical occupations and skilled trades. This allows you to hire French-speaking and bilingual workers from abroad to work outside of Quebec without having to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment.
What we provide
We’ll provide access to an online platform with virtual booths and technical support before and during the forum.
You won’t be charged a fee for the services provided by the employment counsellors, who work for the French, Belgian and other governments. However, you’ll be required to give feedback on the candidates you hire through the Destination Canada Mobility Forum.
We’ll send you an email shortly after the forum. If you wish to participate in future events, you must respond with your feedback.
Are you interested in being part of the next Destination Canada Mobility Forum?
Register now (opens in a new tab)
After you submit a request to participate
We’ll contact you to complete your registration. By registering, you’ll receive updates including a detailed schedule and a guide to using the virtual platform.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prepare your job postings
Once we confirm your participation, you must provide
- a description of your company or organization
- your company or organization’s logo and other material for your virtual booth
- your job descriptions
Please provide your information and job descriptions in English and French.
We may contact you to discuss your requirements and your job postings.
Consult resumes online
You can consult the resumes of the candidates interested in your job postings online. Before and during the event, you can contact candidates who are interested in your job posting to set up a meeting. Other candidates will also be able to introduce themselves to you at your virtual booth during the event.
There aren’t any virtual booths available for recruitment agencies or immigration consultants.
Top questions about Destination Canada for employers
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: