How to apply for a work permit at a port of entry

Before you come to Canada

When you arrive at the port of entry

Tell the officer that you want a work permit. The officer will check:

If you’re applying for an employer-specific work permit

If you need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for your job, you need to bring:

If you want to work in Quebec, you may also need a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration.

If you don’t need an LMIA, you don’t need a CAQ to work in Quebec.

If you don’t need an LMIA for your job, you need to bring:

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Page details

Date modified: