You don’t need a work permit A foreign government officer or representative doesn’t need a work permit

You don’t need a work permit to work in Canada if you’re either

Note: Employees of other governments should have a formal letter if they’ll work here for more than 3 months.

If you’re any other kind of foreign government officer or representative, you need a work permit.

Answer some questions to find out what type of work permit you need.

Please take a few moments to rate your experience  with this page.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: