Acknowledgements: The Chief Public Health Officer's Report on the State of Public Health in Canada 2014
Many individuals and organizations have contributed to the development of The Chief Public Health Officer's Report on the State of Public Health in Canada, 2014: Public Health in the Future.
- The Honourable Gary Filmon, PC, OC, OM, LLD, Chairman, Exchange Income Corporation;
- John Frank, MD, Director, Scottish Collaboration for Public Health Research and Policy; Chair, Public Health Research and Policy, University of Edinburgh; Professor Emeritus, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto;
- Peter Glynn, PhD, Health Systems Consultant;
- David Mowat, MBChB, MPH, FRCPC, FFPH, Medical Officer of Health, Region of Peel, Ontario;
- Daryl Pullman, PhD, Professor of Medical Ethics, Division of Community Health and Humanities, Memorial University;
- Jeff Reading, MSc, PhD, FCAHS, Professor , School of Public Health and Social Policy, Faculty of Human and Social Development, University of Victoria;
- Cornelia Wieman, MSc, MD, FRCPC, Assistant Professor, Department of Public Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto and Co-Director of the Indigenous Health Research Development Program; and
- Brenda Zimmerman, MBA, PhD, Director, Health Industry Management Program; Associate Professor of Strategy/Policy, Schulich School of Business, York University.
The Public Health Agency of Canada:
- CPHO Reports Unit: Jane Boswell-Purdy, Paula Carty, Maureen Hartigan, Doug Hopkins, Jennifer Lew, Chrystal Reaney, Jennifer Lynn Scott, Melannie Smith, Andrea Sonkodi and Crystal Stroud; and
- 2014 Core Advisory Group: Rukshanda Ahmad, Renee Couturier, Monika Dankova, Kelly De Cecco, Margaret de Groh, Amanda Hayne-Farrell, Mana Herel, Jason King, Deirdre MacGuigan, Nick Previsich, Shannon Russell, Tiffany Smith, Manon Turcotte, Ben Wilson and Tom Wong.
English and French editors:
- Joanna Odrowaz; and
- Anna Olivier (Athéna Rédaction)
External advisors and reviewers:
- Michel Amar, MSc, Michel Amar and Associates;
- Pierre-Gerlier Forest, PhD, Director, Institute for Health and Social Policy, Johns Hopkins University;
- Judith Guernsey, PhD, MSc, Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University;
- Mauricio Hernandez Avila, MD, Director General, National Institute of Public Health, Mexico;
- Janice Keefe, PhD, Professor of Family Studies and Gerontology, Mount Saint Vincent University;
- Warren Kindzierski, PhD, Associate Professor, School of Public Health, University of Alberta;
- Jay McAuliffe, MD, MPH, Center for Global Health, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC);
- Moira McKinnon, MBBS, FAFPHM, Australian Capital Territory Health, Canberra;
- Pekka Puska, MD, PhD, MPolSc, President, International Association of National Public Health Institutes, Past Director General, National Institute for Health and Welfare, Finland;
- Ruta Valaitis, RN, PhD, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University; and
- Kumanan Wilson, MD, FRCPC, MSc, Senior Scientist, Clinical Epidemiology, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute.
- Assembly of First Nations;
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami; and
- Pauktuutit Inuit Women of Canada.
Federal government departments, agencies and other organizations:
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada;
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation;
- Canadian Coalition for Public Health in the 21st Century;
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research;
- Council of Chief Medical Officers of Health (CCMOH) Sub Committee;
- Employment and Social Development Canada;
- Environment Canada;
- Health Canada;
- Mental Health Commission of Canada;
- Natural Resources Canada;
- Privy Council Office; and
- Public Safety Canada.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: