Backgrounder: Two New Projects Funded Under the Immunization Partnership Fund
The Government of Canada launched the Immunization Partnership Fund (IPF) in 2016 to support projects that improve access to vaccines and encourage vaccine uptake. In 2020, this fund received $64 million to support projects aimed at improving vaccination coverage in Canada in three priority areas:
- Build capacity of health care providers as vaccinators and vaccination promoters
- Support community-based COVID-19 education, outreach, and vaccine promotion
- Build capacity for evidence-based vaccine communication
The funding includes:
- $30.25 million for community-led projects to develop tailored, targeted tools and educational resources to raise awareness of, and confidence in, COVID-19 vaccines. These funds will also support the efforts of community members and leaders to increase vaccine confidence and address barriers to access and acceptance within their communities.
- $32.5 million to be dispersed over 2.5 years to support provincial and territorial governments in enhancing their electronic vaccination registries to help monitor vaccine uptake.
- $1.3 million to amend existing funded projects to incorporate measures and activities to address COVID-19.
The two new projects funded by the IPF are:
Lead organization: BGC Canada (Formerly Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada)
Project Name: Tackling Vaccine Hesitancy in Canada: A Community-Based BGC Clubs Approach to Raising Awareness about the Benefits of COVID-19 Vaccinations
Description: This project will work to promote positive messaging about COVID-19 vaccines and foster evidence-based dialogue around vaccination among families of children and youth who access programming at local Clubs across Canada. This project will accomplish this through the delivery of developmentally appropriate online education programs targeting children, their parents and guardians, as well as by engaging youth through targeted videos on social media.
Funding: Up to $500,000
Lead organization: Canada Safety Council
Project Name: Elmer Vaccine Education and Awareness Program
Description: Through this project, the Canada Safety Council will create a Vaccine Education and Awareness program to be delivered free of charge in schools with the support of teachers across Canada. Program materials, a video course and supporting materials will be tailored for students in primary, junior and intermediate grades and will assist teachers to engage both students and their parents on the importance of vaccinating against COVID-19.
Funding: Up to $220,000
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: