Consultation on the draft Federal Framework on Lyme disease
From: Public Health Agency of Canada
Current status: Closed
The public consultation is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
An Act respecting a Federal Framework on Lyme Disease (Act) came into force on December 16, 2014. The Act commits the Minister of Health to convene a conference to develop a federal framework on Lyme disease with:
- patients’ groups
- the medical community
- provincial/territorial health ministers.
The Act requires that the federal framework on Lyme disease include:
- National medical surveillance to track incidence rates and the associated economic costs of Lyme disease in Canada.
- Guidelines on how to prevent, identify, treat and manage Lyme disease, and to share best practices.
- Education and awareness in the form of standardized educational materials that public health providers can use to increase awareness about Lyme disease and enhance its prevention, identification, treatment and management.
The Conference took place in May 2016 and as a result the framework was drafted. Before finalizing it, we invite you to submit your comments on the draft.
We seek input from the public, including:
- all levels of government
- academics and researchers
- health professionals and associations
- patients, caregivers and patient groups
The purpose of this consultation is to obtain feedback from the public on the three main areas of the Framework:
- national medical surveillance
- education and awareness
We will consider feedback from this consultation to inform the final Federal Framework on Lyme Disease.
When and where
The consultation document is available online from February 7 to March 8, 2017.
How to participate
You may submit your comments by:
- email, in electronic files such as:
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Acrobat
- Act respecting a Federal Framework on Lyme Disease
- Best Brains Exchange Report – Lyme Disease Diagnostics
- Conference to develop a Federal Framework on Lyme Disease
Centre for Food-borne, Environmental and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases
Infectious Disease Prevention and Control Branch
Public Health Agency of Canada
130 Colonnade Road
Mail slot 6502A
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: