Chronic Disease Data and Indicators
Canadian Chronic Disease Indicators
The Canadian Chronic Disease Indicators (CCDI) provide information on chronic diseases, their determinants, and their risk and protective factors in Canada. Using an intuitive Data Tool, pan-Canadian estimates, time trends and data breakdowns by demographic and socioeconomic variables are provided for each indicator and their specific measures.
Positive Mental Health Indicator Framework
The Positive Mental Health Surveillance Indicator Framework (PMHSIF) is a pan-Canadian resource on positive mental health outcomes and associated risk and protective factors. Positive mental health is a state of well-being that allows us to feel, think, and act in ways that enhance our ability to enjoy life and deal with the challenges we face. The PMHSIF includes a core set of indicators grouped by positive mental health outcomes and four key domains: individual, family, community and society level determinants. Through the associated Data Tool, the PMHSIF provides pan-Canadian estimates and data breakdown for adults aged 18 and older by key demographic and socioeconomic variables for each of the measures within the Framework. Frameworks for youth and child populations are under development.
Public Health Infobase - Canadian Chronic Disease Surveillance System (CCDSS)
The Canadian Chronic Disease Surveillance System (CCDSS) is a collaborative network of provincial and territorial surveillance systems supported by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC). Each province/territory submits aggregate administrative data with which PHAC calculates the incidence and prevalence of chronic conditions in Canada.
For More Information
- Infographic - Common chronic diseases in women compared to men
- Infographic - Common chronic diseases in men compared to women
- Aging and Chronic Diseases: A Profile of Canadian Seniors
- Infographic - Prevalence of Chronic Diseases and Risk Factors among Canadians aged 65 years and older
- Infographic - Prevalence of Chronic Diseases Among Canadian Adults
- The Canadian Chronic Disease Surveillance System - An Overview (fact sheet)
- Twenty Years of Diabetes surveillance using the Canadian Chronic Disease Surveillance System
- Public Health Infobase
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: