On this page
Concussion recognition and management tools
- A standardised tool for recognising a concussion: Concussion Recognition Tool 5 (CRT5)
- A resource to support the safe return to daily activities at school after a concussion: School concussion protocol template (PDF)
- A resource to support the safe return to sport after a concussion, and after a return to school: Sport concussion protocol template (PDF)
- A mobile app to help parents manage their child's concussion: Progressive Action and Concussion Education (PACE app). Available on Android and Apple mobile devices.
- A resource to help teachers and school staff support children and youth in their return to school after a concussion: SCHOOLFirst handbook
The Canadian Guideline on Concussion in Sport uses current scientific evidence to help guide decisions on concussion:
Anyone who interacts with athletes should refer to this guideline and make use of the tools it provides. These include:
- healthcare professionals
The International Consensus Statement on Concussion in Sport provides a foundation for the development of the Canadian Guidelines on Concussion in Sport.
For health professionals
- Concussion recognition and management course: Concussion Awareness Training Tool for Medical Professionals (CATT)
- A standardized tool for evaluating concussions in sport, for use by physicians and licensed healthcare professionals: Sport Concussion Assessment Tool: 5TH EDITION (SCAT 5) (PDF)
- A standardized tool for evaluating concussions of children, for use by physicians and licensed healthcare professionals: Sport Concussion Assessment Tool for Children Ages 5 TO 12 Years (Child SCAT5) (PDF)
For more information
- Parachute Canada: a national charity that promotes evidence-based injury prevention resources and tools
- Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital: a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto that operates a paediatric concussion centre.
- Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC): aims to empower sport organizations and individuals by sharing evidence based knowledge.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: