Weekly influenza reports
May 12 to May 18, 2019 (Week 20)
- Influenza activity in Canada continues to decline. All indicators of influenza activity are decreasing and within the expected range for this time of year.
- Influenza A(H3N2) and influenza B continue to co-circulate; however, the level of influenza B circulation continues to be very low compared to previous seasons.
- This week, detections of influenza A continue to be greater than those of influenza B, and 85% of subtyped influenza A detections were A(H3N2).
- Influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 remains the predominant subtype overall for the 2018-19 season (70% of subtyped influenza A detections).
- This is the last weekly FluWatch report for the 2018-19 season. Monthly reports will be published over the summer on the last Friday of each month: June 28, July 26, and August 30. Weekly reporting of laboratory detections of respiratory viruses will continue via our Respiratory Virus Detections Surveillance System.
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - email@example.com
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: