Weekly influenza reports
May 14 - May 20, 2017 (week 20)
- Overall, influenza activity continues to decline slowly in Canada.
- In week 20, influenza B accounted for the majority of influenza activity in Canada, with 75% or more of reported influenza laboratory detections, hospitalizations and outbreaks due to influenza B.
- This increase in influenza B activity is expected as influenza B often appears later in the flu season.
- To date, the majority of laboratory detections, hospitalizations and deaths have been among adults aged 65+ years.
- The current FluWatch report is the last weekly report for the 2016-2017 season. During the summer, monthly reports will be published starting on June 23, 2017. We will continue to monitor influenza and other respiratory infections via the RVDSS report, published every Thursday.
- For more information on the flu, see our Flu(influenza) web page.
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - email@example.com
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: