Weekly influenza reports
November 8, 2020 to November 14, 2020 (week 46)
- All indicators of influenza activity remain exceptionally low for this time of year, despite continued monitoring for influenza across Canada.
- To date, there is no evidence of community circulation of influenza; however, influenza testing continues at elevated levels. Four laboratory detections of influenza were reported in week 46,
- Three influenza-like-illness (ILI) outbreaks were reported in schools and daycares. No laboratory-confirmed outbreaks of influenza have been reported to date this season.
- 12,122 participants reported to FluWatchers and 34 (0.28%) participants reported cough and fever. Provide valuable information to track flu and COVID-19 across Canada: Sign up to become a FluWatcher!
- Influenza surveillance indicators may be influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic, including changes in healthcare-seeking behaviour, impacts of public health measures and influenza testing capacity. Current data should be interpreted with consideration to this context. See the COVID-19 Epidemiology update for information on COVID-19 cases in Canada.
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - email@example.com
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: