Weekly influenza reports
July 24 to August 27, 2022 (weeks 30-34)
- At the national level, influenza activity is low and remains at interseasonal levels.
- In weeks 30 to 34, a total of 124 laboratory detections (114 influenza A and 10 influenza B) were reported.
- Influenza A(H3N2) is the dominant subtype, representing 98% of sub-typed influenza A detections this season (August 29, 2021 to August 27, 2022).
- From August 29, 2021 to August 27, 2022 (weeks 35 to 34), among detections with detailed age information, nearly half (49%) were in children and teenagers (ages 0 to 19 years).
- The percentage of visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) was 1% in week 34. The percentage visits for ILI is within levels typical of this time of year.
- The percentage of FluWatchers reporting fever and cough was 1.4% in week 34 and has been relatively stable from week 31 onwards.
- From August 29, 2021 to August 27, 2022 (weeks 35 to 34), 88 laboratory-confirmed influenza outbreaks have been reported. All laboratory-confirmed influenza outbreaks have occurred from week 11 (week of March 13 to 19, 2022) onwards.
- From August 29, 2021 to August 27, 2022 (weeks 35 to 34), 768 influenza-associated hospitalizations have been reported from participating provinces and territories.
- This is the final FluWatch report of the 2021-2022 season. The next scheduled FluWatch report, the first of the 2022-2023 surveillance season (weeks 35-39) will be published October 7, 2022.
- Weekly reporting of laboratory detections of influenza and other seasonal respiratory viruses will continue via our Respiratory Virus Detections Surveillance System.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: