Weekly influenza reports
October 18 to October 24, 2020 (week 43)
- Testing for influenza continues at elevated levels; however, influenza activity remains below average for this time of year.
- In week 43, two laboratory detections of influenza were reported and two jurisdictions reported influenza activity.
- During week 43, one outbreak of laboratory-confirmed influenza was reported in a long-term care facility (LTCF). No other influenza or influenza-like-illness (ILI) outbreaks were reported in any other settings.
- 11,638 participants reported to FluWatchers this week and 21 (0.18%) participants reported cough and fever. Provide valuable information to track the flu and COVID-19 across Canada. Sign up to become a FluWatcher!
- Influenza surveillance indicators may be influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic, including changes in healthcare-seeking behaviour, impacts of public health measures and influenza testing capacity. Current data should be interpreted with consideration to this context. See the COVID-19 Epidemiology update for information on COVID-19 cases in Canada.
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - firstname.lastname@example.org
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: