Weekly influenza reports
November 12, 2023 to November 18, 2023 (week 46)
At the national level, influenza activity is increasing and has crossed the seasonal threshold of 5% positivity. If percent positivity remains above this threshold next week, the start of the influenza season will be declared. Most surveillance indicators are increasing but remain within expected levels typical of this time of year.
- In week 46, the percentage of tests positive for influenza was 6.8% and a total of 1,849 laboratory detections (1,811 influenza A and 38 influenza B) were reported.
- The percentage of visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) was 2.0% in week 46. The percentage of visits for ILI is within levels typical of this time of year.
- The percentage of FluWatchers reporting cough and fever was 1.9% in week 46. The percentage of FluWatchers reporting cough and fever is within levels typical of this time of year.
- From August 27, 2023 to November 18, 2023 (weeks 35 to 46), 51 laboratory-confirmed influenza outbreaks have been reported (10 laboratory-confirmed influenza outbreaks were reported in week 46).
- From August 27, 2023 to November 18, 2023 (weeks 35 to 46), 332 influenza-associated hospitalizations were reported by participating provinces and territories. Adults aged 65 years of age and older accounted for 46% of reported hospitalizations.
- Weekly reports 2023-2024 season
- Weekly reports 2022-2023 season
- Weekly reports 2021-2022 season
- Weekly reports 2020-2021 season
- Weekly reports 2019-2020 season
- Weekly reports 2018-2019 season
- Weekly reports 2017-2018 season
- Weekly reports 2016-2017 season
- Weekly reports 2015-2016 season
- Weekly reports 2014-2015 season
- FluWatch - Archives
- Date modified: