Health effects of heart attacks
Learn how a heart attack can affect your health.
On this page
Physical effects of a heart attack can include:
- difficulty with strenuous activities, such as:
- lifting heavy items
- pushing or pulling actions that cause you to hold your breath
- repetitive arm work like:
- grass cutting
- difficulty bathing or showering in very hot or cold water
If you have had a heart attack, ask your health care provider about how to manage the resulting health effects.
Increased risk effects of a heart attack can include:
- emotional difficulty, possibly leading to depression
- pain or an increase in pain you already have
- a return to hospital
A heart attack may also lead to developing further heart diseases, such as heart failure or heart valve disorders.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: