Marburg virus disease
How is Marburg virus disease diagnosed? What is the treatment?
Diagnosing Marburg virus disease
Marburg virus disease is diagnosed based on travel history, symptoms and laboratory testing (usually PCR, but other lab tests are possible).
Treating Marburg virus disease
There is no specific treatment or vaccine for Marburg virus disease. Patients are treated for their symptoms. Treatment options include:
- supportive care in an intensive care unit
- maintenance of fluid levels and electrolytes
- maintenance of oxygen status and blood pressure
- replacement of lost body fluids, blood and/or clotting factors
- strict isolation to prevent the infection from spreading
- Date modified: