COVID-19: How to make your mask fit properly
Organization: Public Health Agency of Canada
Does your mask fit properly?
The way your mask fits can help protect you and others from COVID-19.
Choose a mask made of multiple layers, including at least 2 layers of tightly woven fabric and a third middle layer of filter-type fabric.
- Fit is important. Make sure your mask completely covers your nose, mouth and chin.
- Check for gaps between your face and your mask.
- Check the top, sides and bottom of your mask.
- Check the edges of your mask for air leaks and adjust if necessary.
- Adjust your mask so that it fits snugly.
- Adjust the ties or ear loops.
- Adjust the wire nose piece if your mask has one.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: