Testing and support from the Public Service Commission (20-04)
In light of the current situation, the Public Service Commission (PSC) would like to inform you of decisions regarding tests, with more detailed information to follow shortly, and to offer its support.
Effective Monday, March 16th, face-to-face operations will be temporarily suspended across all Public Service Commission (PSC) test centres.
In-person testing will only be granted in exceptional circumstances and with justification from senior personnel.
- Second Language Evaluations, including tests of oral proficiency as well as reading comprehension and written expression tests
- All other paper and pencil and online testing
- Managerial and Leadership Assessments (simulations, coaching and counselling, etc.)
The PSC will offer telephone tests. Urgent assessments for departments who are part of the government’s response plan to Covid-19 will be prioritized.
Most coaching and counselling sessions can be done by phone and the PSC will continue to offer this service when feasible.
Please note that this temporary suspension of in-person testing could lead to delays in hiring and recruitment activities. However, we are exploring options to address short-term and emergency hiring needs.
Your dedicated PSC Staffing Support Advisor is available to ensure timely coordination of PSC support, which would include:
- Conducting search of inventories, such as Post-Secondary Recruitment, students, and persons with priority entitlement to identify candidates.
- Fast tracking requests for priority clearance.
- Expediting requests for Second Language Evaluations (SLE).
- Providing guidance and support on assessments through our Personnel Psychology Centre.
I invite you to contact them directly to access this support.
As you are aware, the situation is evolving rapidly. We will keep you informed of any decisions with respect to PSC services.
Policy and Communications Sector
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: