Archived - Appointment Policy Considerations - Advertising
In making a decision on advertising, deputy heads may want to consider that:
- Establishing a reasonable period of time for people to respond to an advertisement ensures that:
- guiding values of fairness, transparency, access and representativeness are respected;
- a sufficient number of persons makes up the candidate pool;
- the process can proceed in a timely manner;
- the use of different media such as electronic, print to communicate employment opportunities is reflected; and
- the method such as mail used to receive documents is taken into account.
- Advertisements should be documented to support decisions made regarding an appointment process.
- Different media such as the internet, telephone, newspapers, magazines or special journals, career fairs and other recruitment fora can be used to reach potential sources of qualified persons.
- Providing additional details beyond the required information can enhance the effectiveness of advertising efforts and ensure an appropriate candidate pool.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: