Preparing for the test
We want to make sure you have the support you need to fully demonstrate your abilities. Accommodation measures during testing can be tailored to each situation, and can include working with sign language interpreters or reader services, using alternative formats, technical support or attendant services.
As part of the online process, you will be asked whether you require test accommodation. If you meet all other requirements (for example, education) and you indicate that you require assessment accommodation, you will be contacted by the hiring manager about alternate testing arrangements.
Test day checklist
Before the test
- You can prepare for the test by reviewing the sample questions and taking the Self-assessment test for reading comprehension.
- Make sure that you take the test in a suitable location. It should be quiet and comfortable.
- If you have concerns about the testing conditions, you should resolve these issues before you proceed.
- If you are experiencing any physical or psychological condition or illness that could interfere with your test performance, you should not take the test.
- If you choose to proceed with the test despite a perceived problem with the test conditions or any other physical or psychological indisposition, you must accept the test result and any associated impact on your candidacy.
- Set aside sufficient time to complete the test within the time limits.
There is only one type of question on this test. For this type of question, you will see a question about a text. Choose the option that best answers the question.
Communiqué concernant le dépôt du Rapport annuel du ministère
Le ministère des Finances a terminé le 30 avril dernier son Rapport annuel. Ce rapport couvre toutes les activités des ministères et organismes du gouvernement fédéral en vertu de la nouvelle Loi sur les finances dans la fonction publique (LFFP). Dans ce rapport, les statistiques récentes du dernier exercice financier sur les dépenses de la fonction publique fédérale montrent de meilleurs résultats. Plus exactement, 90 % des ministères et des agences se soumettent à leurs engagements financiers conformément à la loi, une hausse de 6 % par rapport à l'année précédente.
1. Selon le texte, que montrent les statistiques?
In this case, "La majorité des ministères et organismes respectent la LFFP." is the best answer. Therefore, you would click the radio button next to this option.
2. Que dit le texte sur le respect de la LFFP en général?
In this case, "Il augmente." is the best answer. Therefore, you would click the radio button next to this option.
During the test
- You may use a pen, pencil and notepad to make notes. Since this test is designated Protected, you must destroy your notes after the test.
- Read each question carefully.
- Answer all questions.
- Manage your time well. In general, it is a good idea to answer easy questions first and difficult questions later. Questions are presented in random order rather than in order of difficulty. If you are stuck on a difficult question, mark that question for review and return to it once you have completed the other test questions.
- If you are not sure of the correct answer, guess. Eliminate answers that you know are wrong. By reducing the number of choices, you increase your chances of selecting the correct answer. There is no penalty for wrong answers.
- If you encounter technical difficulties, we can help.
It is essential that you respond to questions honestly, by yourself, without assistance from other people or other resources (for example, books, notes). In fairness to all those being assessed, it is also essential that you respect the confidentiality of the testing material and agree not to share or copy any of it.
If the Public Service Commission has reason to doubt the validity of your test result, you may be required to retake the test prior to any appointment being made on the basis of the test result. Any suspected cheating will be referred to the responsible manager and the Public Service Commission's Personnel Psychology Centre for action.
Suspected cheating may result in the invalidation of the test result and may be the subject of an investigation under the Public Service Employment Act. A finding of fraud may be punishable on summary conviction or the case may be referred to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Contact the Personnel Psychology Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you have seen Public Service Commission test questions posted or shared online (for example, on a website or a private chat room) or shared in another manner (for example, practice test).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: