Are you ready to file your return?
Corporation Internet Filing will ask you to provide the corporation's electronic signature with the following information on its online transmission form:
- Business Number
- Tax Year End
- Corporation's assigned Web Access Code or EFILE On-Line number and password
- Path and name of the file containing your electronic corporation income tax return (".cor" extension)
Confirmation of receipt
After you fill in and send the Corporation Internet Filing online transmission form, we will do a preliminary check of your return. If it meets the basic requirements, we'll send you a confirmation number within seconds. This means that your tax return has been accepted for processing.
If there are any problems with the electronic tax return you sent us, we'll send you back an explanation of the errors or corrections needed. This means that your tax return was not accepted for processing. You should save, print, or note all messages we send. Before trying to retransmit the return, you must change the electronic version of the tax return by making the appropriate corrections according to the error messages you received.
If your return has been accepted for processing, do not submit a paper copy of the return. After we have processed your return, we may need to contact you to obtain supporting documents, so remember to keep your receipts and information slips for at least six years. This is part of the same verification process that applies to all tax returns, whether paper or electronic.
Terms and conditions
To proceed with Corporation Internet Filing online transmission, you must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I may file a corporation income tax return using Corporation Internet Filing only for the corporation to which a Web Access Code has been assigned, or for my client if I am a registered tax professional with a valid EFILE On-Line number and password.
- I may only file an eligible, 2002 or subsequent year corporation income tax return through Corporation Internet Filing.
- I understand that I will not be able to use Corporation Internet Filing to file a return for a year prior to the 2002 tax year.
- I understand and agree that I cannot change the corporation's name, and head office or mailing addresses with a tax return filed through Corporation Internet Filing.
- I understand that I cannot add or change direct deposit information with a tax return filed through Corporation Internet Filing.
- I will not attempt to disrupt Corporation Internet Filing by uploading files other than the eligible corporation income tax return. If I do, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will deny me access to electronic services.
- I certify that the attached electronic tax return is complete and accurate, and that it reports the corporation's income from all sources. Or, if filing on behalf of a client, my client has signed Form T183CORP and certified that the attached electronic return is correct, complete, and reports the client's income from all sources.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: