Ready to file
Online check list
- I have an access code. If not, go to Need an access code?.
- I use a browser which supports TLS (The CRA encourages you to upgrade to TLS 1.2 so that your system is as secure as possible).
- I have completed my return and, if applicable, rebate information in Canadian funds.
- I have read the Privacy Notice Statement.
If you have an amount owing, find out how to make a payment to the Canada Revenue Agency.
Please note that your secure filing session will expire after 35 minutes of inactivity.
GST/HST NETFILE will ask you to provide the following information:
- your Business Number (BN);
- your reporting period "from" and "to" dates; and
- your access code.
Confirmation of receipt
After you successfully submit your return and any applicable rebates, you will receive a confirmation number. This confirmation number is your proof that the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has received your information. Print the page with your confirmation number and keep it with your records. Do not mail paper copies of returns or rebates that you have submitted electronically.
After we've processed your return and any applicable rebates, we may have to contact you for more information, so keep all supporting documents for six years. This applies whether you file on paper or electronically.
The CRA has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the security of this Web site. We have used sophisticated encryption technology and incorporated other procedures to protect your personal information at all times. However, the Internet is a public network and there is the remote possibility of data security violations. In the event of such occurrences, the CRA is not responsible for any damages you may experience as a result.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: