Terms and conditions of MyCRA
By using the MyCRA mobile application, you expressly acknowledge and agree that this application is used at your own risk, “as is”, and “as available”. You further acknowledge and agree that the Canada Revenue Agency makes no claims, promises, guarantees or warrantees that this application will meet your requirements or that it will be uninterrupted or error-free. By using this application, you acknowledge and agree that the information provided by this application is provided to you as a resource for information only. While the Canada Revenue Agency will make every effort to keep this application up to date, you acknowledge and agree that the law can change very quickly, and accordingly the Canada Revenue Agency will not guarantee that any information on its mobile application is accurate and up to date.
Under no circumstances will the Canada Revenue Agency be responsible for your use of, or inability to use the application, or for the performance of the application. The Canada Revenue Agency will not be liable to you for any loss or damages of any kind that are directly or indirectly related to the application. The Canada Revenue Agency does not guarantee or warrant that the application will be free from loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interference, hacking or other security intrusion, and the Canada Revenue Agency disclaims all liability relating thereto.
The Canada Revenue Agency has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the secure transmission of personal or confidential data to this mobile application. However, the Internet is a public network and there is the remote possibility of data security violations. In the event of such occurrences, the Canada Revenue Agency is not responsible for any damages you may experience as a result.
Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, the Canada Revenue Agency disclaims all liability for any claim in relation to:
- any matters or factors outside of its control, including the availability or unavailability of the Internet, or telecommunications or other infrastructure systems;
- the availability or unavailability of the Internet, or telecommunications or other infrastructure systems due to system maintenance;
- any inability to use MyCRA because of issues with the third party credential and login service providers (“the Sign-in partner services”), and any damage or harm that might be caused as a result of transactions carried out using those third party services;
- the availability or unavailability of the services offered by this mobile application for any reason;
- any illegal or fraudulent use of your user ID or password; or
- the use of encryption technology (implemented in the secure portion of the mobile application) in a foreign country where such use is prohibited by the laws of that country.
Restrictions for general use
- You agree not to use the application for any illegal or unauthorized purpose and agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to your use of the application.
- You agree not to interfere with or disrupt the service provided by the application or the servers or networks connected to the application by any means including by transmitting viruses, malware, worms, spyware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature.
- You agree that if you access or use MyCRA outside of Canada, you do so at your own risk and you bear all the responsibility for compliance with any local, provincial, national or international laws that are applicable to such access or use of MyCRA.
- You understand and accept that you are at all times responsible for your user ID, password and security questions and answers that are used to access certain information or services through this mobile application. This responsibility applies even if you change the user ID, password and security questions and/or answers. This information must be kept confidential at all times and must not be shared with or disclosed to others.
- If your password, user ID and/or security questions and answers are revealed or if you suspect that someone else has learned or obtained them, you are responsible for either revoking or changing your user ID, password and changing your security questions and answers. You must also advise the Canada Revenue Agency immediately.
Mobile application modification and access
- The Canada Revenue Agency reserves the right to modify the mobile application without notice, or to terminate the application for any reason without notice.
- The Canada Revenue Agency reserves the right to refuse access to the password protected portion of the mobile application to anyone for any reason at any time. Reasons may include but are not limited to:
- we suspect unauthorized use of your personal information or your user ID and password;
- as a security measure;
- for operational reasons i.e. including, but not limited to, the use of scripts or web crawlers;
- for administrative reasons; or
- There may be links from the application to third party sites. The Canada Revenue Agency is not responsible for the content found at third party sites.
- You are responsible for all data charges you may incur through the use of the application.
- Upon termination of the application, all rights granted to you under these terms cease. You agree to accept the terms found in any links provided herein.
- The Canada Revenue Agency may collect statistical information regarding user activities on the MyCRA mobile application. This information is aggregated and used for product development purposes to help provide more useful information to Canadians. The Government of Canada employs software programs to collect data to monitor network traffic and identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. In most circumstances, this is anonymous statistical data, and we make no attempt to link data of the devices that have contacted our application, with the identity of individuals using our application - unless an attempt to damage the network has been detected or it is required by law.
- Individuals to whom the personal information pertains have the right to the protection of, and access to, their personal information under the Privacy Act, subject to certain exceptions and exemptions.
For more information on how your privacy is protected, refer to our Personal Information Collection Statement.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: