Part-time employee

You may give a part-time employee a reasonable allowance or reimbursement for travelling expenses incurred by the employee going to and from a part-time job. If so, and you and the part-time employee are dealing at arm's length, you do not have to include the amount in the employee's income. This applies to:

  • teachers and professors who work part-time in a designated educational institution in Canada, providing service to you as a professor or teacher, and the location is not less than 80 kilometres from the employee's home
  • part-time employees who had other employment or carried on a business, and they did the duties at a location no less than 80 kilometres from both the place of the employee's home and the place of the other employment or business
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: