ImportantDo not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Reference Number||19- 968-06-091|
|Job Category||Entry Level|
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
|Salary Range||$61,380 - $74,670|
|Language Requirement||English Essential (EE)|
The Financial Officer is responsible for a specific sub-set of the tasks below, which varies by position:
- Performing account verification functions on expense claims submitted by employees.
- Providing guidance, instruction and direction to employees and managers on matters related to travel, hospitality, conferences, memberships and Foreign Service expenses.
- Administering section 33 of the Financial Administration Act (FAA).
- Maintaining internal logs for monitoring purposes.
- Reconcile financial data by monitoring financial account and payment systems.
- Input and approve expense vouchers in the financial system.
- Process the transfer of expenditures paid by credit cards.
- Set up obligations and update tables.
- Administer Year-end functions.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and maintenance of branch specimen signature cards.
- Assist in information sessions to employees on financial training sessions.
- Act as a resource person by liaising with Corporate Policy Centers for interpretation and application of policies and authorities.
- Analyzing financial information and producing reports for management for inclusion in briefings and corporate documents.
- Perform daily system assurance tests, establishing and monitoring daily, weekly, and monthly system maintenance functions; monitoring and conducting problem resolution in respect to CSIS financial systems.
- Monitoring of financial activities and performing trend and variance analysis.
- Assist in the development and analysis of branch input into investment proposals and business cases for incremental resources by liaising with managers, subject matter experts and policy centers.
- Assist with the allocation of financial resources in the financial system and coordinate related movement of funds to ensure CSIS resources are properly recorded and controlled.
Two (2) years of a post-secondary program (college or university) with a specialization in accounting, finance, business administration, commerce or economics; or possess a Government of Canada Financial Management Certificate and two (2) years of experience* obtained within the last seven (7) years.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
NOTE: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
* Candidates must possess experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Providing advice to clients, managers and/or employees.
- Using a financial system
- Using EXCEL for the creation of tables, pivot tables, graphs and charts
- Application of financial policies
- Accounting operations.
- Client Service
- Organizational Skills/Multitasking
- Interpersonal Skills
Conditions of Employment
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: