Benefits for Canadians living abroad

Benefits for Canadians living abroad

Includes information on Employment Insurance (EI), pensions, benefits and taxes, for those who work or live outside of Canada.

Services and information

Employment Insurance workers and residents outside Canada

Benefits that people who work outside Canada for a Canadian company or the Canadian government may be entitled to.

Taxation for Canadians travelling, living or working outside Canada

Canadians travelling extensively, living or working abroad may still have to pay Canadian and provincial or territorial income taxes.

Lived or living outside Canada - Pensions and benefits

Information on eligibility for pensions and benefits from Canada and other countries because of social security agreements.

Receiving payment of Old Age Security and Canada Pension Plan pensions and benefits outside Canada

Save money by receiving payments in the local currency.

Taxes on Pensions and Benefits for those outside Canada

Benefits for those outside of Canada may be subject to Canadian income tax called the "non-resident tax".

Living abroad

Everything you need to know to prepare to leave Canada to live in a foreign country.

Page details

Date modified: