EI – Workers and residents outside of Canada - Overview

1. Overview

People who work outside Canada may be entitled to benefits under Canada's Employment Insurance (EI) program. If you work outside Canada for a Canadian company or the Canadian government, you are usually covered by EI. You are not insured by the EI program if your job is covered by the country in which you are working.

If you are not sure whether your job is insured under Canada's EI program, ask your employer or call the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-5525.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: