Dress instructions | Appendix 1, Annex G Aiguillettes
- Navy – Right Shoulder Pattern. When holding a non-permanent personal appointment, the right-shoulder ceremonial aiguillette shall be attached to a gold plaited shoulder cord, which in turn shall be secured to the right shoulder of jackets not otherwise equipped with shoulder-straps. When shoulder straps or boards are worn, the aiguillette shall be attached under the right shoulder-board or strap.
- Navy – Left Shoulder Pattern. Left-shoulder ceremonial aiguillettes shall be attached to a navy blue cloth shoulder-strap, embellished with an open gold cord knot on the outer end (staff aiguillette strap), which in turn shall be secured to the left shoulder of jackets not otherwise equipped with shoulder-straps.
|Description||Worn with||Where worn|
|1. Navy – Right Shoulder Pattern.||a. Jacket, service dress||
(1) Worn on the appropriate shoulder, as detailed in Chapter 3, Section 7, and Figure 3G1-1.
(2) Attached by the hooks to a thread loop fastener, sewn on the shoulder at the junction of the shoulder seams (on army jackets, under the shoulder-strap).
(3) A small gold cord loop secured to the aiguillette above the tag ends shall be fastened to a concealed button sewn under the lapel of the jacket, so that the tag ends fall over to the front and in line with the inner seam of the breast pocket.
|b. Tunic, doublet, and jacket, high collar||(1) As above, with the gold cord loop attached to the second closure button from the top.|
|c. Jacket, mess dress||(1) As above, except that the concealed button shall be sewn approximately 15 cm above the bottom of the lapel. On navy jackets, the button shall be positioned so that the tag ends fall on a line midway between the closure button and the centre facing button on navy blue jackets, and between the closure button and the top facing button on white jackets.|
|2. Navy – Left Shoulder Pattern.||a. Jacket, service dress||(1) As above. See Figure 3G1-1.|
Figure 3G1-1 The Wear of Aiguillettes
Figure 3G1-2 The Wear of Aiguillettes
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: