Dress instructions | Chapter 3 Insignia and accoutrements Section Insignia policy
- The wear of insignia of any type is a uniform matter governed by these instructions. Information on the design of specific insignia, including requests for changes to badges, are contained in A-DH-200-000/AG-000 The Heritage Structure of the Canadian Armed Forces.
- Branches, regiments and units may be authorized to wear additional approved insignia and accoutrements as optional items. See Chapter 2, Section 1, paragraphs 24. to 26.
- Insignia are worn in similar positions by all environments and both genders, unless otherwise specifically authorized.
- Pinned-on insignia may be temporarily removed by those working near aircraft to reduce Foreign Object Damage (FOD) hazards, or by those in other work environments, e.g., kitchens, where a health or safety hazard exists. Metal rank insignia are replaced by combat or other suitable cloth insignia, on slip-ons.
- Additional details are in:
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: