Canada’s Ambassador for Climate Change
Jennifer MacIntyre is Canada’s new Ambassador for Climate Change.
Canada recognizes it has a leadership role to play to tackle climate change in collaboration with the global community. The Ambassador for Climate Change will fill a central role in the coordination, partnerships and activities needed to help advance the clean growth and climate change agenda internationally including the successful implementation of the Paris Agreement.
The mandate for Canada’s Ambassador for Climate Change will be multifaceted:
- coordinating with Canadian missions to put Government of Canada’s environmental policies into practice, particularly as those policies relate to climate change
- providing advice on climate change considerations in Canada's international priorities
- leading bilateral engagements with partner countries on clean growth and climate change
- representing Canada in international cooperative initiatives related to climate change
- collaborating with Canada's Chief Negotiator for Climate Change to support and advance Canada’s international climate change negotiations objectives
- developing and managing relationships with key opinion leaders and stakeholders, and
- promoting Canada's clean growth and climate change priorities.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: