Comment Period: Proposal to expand lists of certain products for distribution as samples and a list of certain non-prescription drugs for which testing requirements do not apply
From Health Canada
Current status: The public comment period is open.
Opened on August 11, 2020 and will close on October 10, 2020. Find out how to participate in the comment period on the proposal to expand lists of certain natural health products and non-prescription drugs that can be distributed to the public as samples and a list of certain non-prescription drugs for which testing requirements do not apply.
Join in: how to participate
Read the Notice of Proposal and submit your comments to the Natural and Non-prescription Health Products Directorate. Include the title of the Notice of Proposal on which you are commenting.
Send us an email
Send an email to email@example.com with your input or comments.
Participate by mail
Send a letter with your input or comments to the address in the contact information section.
All comments must be received by October 10, 2020.
About the comment period
Health Canada is currently proposing to expand the lists of which natural health products and non-prescription drugs can be distributed to the public as samples, and which non-prescription drugs can be imported without additional retesting or quarantine and may be shipped directly to retailers or wholesalers.
Who is the focus of this comment period
This public comment period is intended for:
- consumers and patients
- consumer and patient safety associations
- industry and industry associations
- healthcare professionals and healthcare professional associations
- Lists Incorporated by Reference
- List A: List of Certain Natural Health Products for Distribution as Samples
- List D: List of Certain Non-prescription Drugs for Distribution as Samples
- Guidance Document on the Distribution of Drugs as Samples - Summary
- List of Non-prescription Drugs for Which the Testing Requirements Set Out in Subsections C.02.019 (1) and (2) of the Food and Drug Regulations Do Not Apply
Natural and Non-prescription Health Products Directorate
250 Lanark Avenue
Address Locator 2002B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: