Access to information policies and guidance
The following policy instruments and tools support the administration of the Government of Canada’s access to information program. Learn more about the roles, responsibilities and best practices of government institutions subject to the Access to Information Act in promoting your access rights.
- Policy on Access to Information
- Interim Directive on the Administration of the Access to Information Act
- Implementation Report No. 115: Access to Records in a Minister’s Office - Prime Minister’s Agenda Case (2013)
All implementation reports issued prior to April 1, 2008, have been superseded by the Policy on Access to Information and the Policy on Privacy Protection. To obtain a copy of archived implementation reports, please contact the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat.
Guidance and other tools
- Access to Information Manual
- Info Source Online Publishing Requirements
- Delegation under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act
- Best practices for posting summaries of completed access to information requests
- Glossary of terms related to access to information and privacy
- Form for the Statistical Report on the Access to Information Act
- Access to Information Request Form
Guides and Help
- Date modified: