Business Cards, Continuous (flag symbol)
These technical specifications (T-232) set out the requirements for continuous format business cards, for departments identified by the flag symbol signature and the Canada Wordmark. Consult your Federal Identity Program coordinator for more information.
Figure T-232: Illustration of the arrangement of the flag symbol signature and the Canada Wordmark on a continuous business card.
- Reproduction method: offset printing
- Size: 90 x 50 mm (±2 mm)
- Colour/grade: white bristol
- Brightness: ≥92% (95% ISO brightness)
- Weight: 219 g/m2 (58 lb.)
- Signature typeface: Helvetica Light
- Signature type size: 6, 7 or 8 point
- Canada Wordmark: 23 mm wide
- Ink colours: all text is black (Process Black) and flag symbols are red (Pantone 032)
- The signature is in the upper left corner.
- The top of the flag symbol is 5 mm from the top and the signature text is 20 mm from the left edge.
- The Canada Wordmark is 4 mm from the bottom edge and 20 mm from the left edge.
- Typeface: Helvetica Light
- Type size: body text is: 6, 7 or 8 point, the individual's name is 11 point
- Left text margin is 20 mm from left edge of the card. English and French columns are separated by a space equal to three times the x-height
- Text is at least 3 mm from the signature and 4 mm from the Canada Wordmark.
- Official languages
- The order of the official languages is determined by the individual whose name is printed on the card.
- Policy on Communications and Federal Identity
- FIP Manual - 2.2 Stationery: Departments, agencies and corporations
- Policy on Green Procurement
Note: If there is a discrepancy between an official Treasury Board policy instrument and information on this Web page, the Treasury Board policy or standard prevails.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: