Business Cards, Single-Sided (Arms of Canada)
These technical specifications (T-261) set out the requirements for single-sided business cards, for departments identified by the Arms of Canada signature and the Canada Wordmark. Consult your Federal Identity Program coordinator for more information.
Figure T-261: Illustration of the arrangement of an asymmetrical Arms of Canada signature and the Canada Wordmark on a single-sided business card.
- Reproduction method: offset printing
- Size: 90 x 50 mm (±2 mm)
- Colour/grade: white bristol
- Brightness: ≥92% (95% ISO brightness)
- Weight: 219 g/m2 (58 lb.)
- Signature typeface: Helvetica Light
- Signature type size: 6, 7 or 8 point
- Canada Wordmark: 23 mm wide
- Ink colours: text and Arms of Canada are black (Process Black) and flag symbol is red (Pantone 032)
- The signature is in the upper left corner of the card.
- The top of the Arms of Canada symbol is 2 mm from the top edge and the signature text is 20 mm from the left edge.
- The Canada Wordmark is 5 mm from the bottom edge and 20 mm from the left edge.
- Typeface: Helvetica Light
- Type size: body text is 6, 7 or 8 point, the individual's name is 11 point
- The text margin is 20 mm from left edge of the card. English and French columns are separated by a space equal to three times the x-height.
- Text is at least 3 mm from the signature and 4 mm from the Canada Wordmark.
- Official languages
- The order of the official languages is determined by the individual whose name is printed on the card.
Note: If there is a discrepancy between an official Treasury Board policy instrument and information on this Web page, the Treasury Board policy or standard prevails.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: