Business Cards, Single-Sided (Ministers)
These technical specifications (T-291) set out the requirements for departments producing single-sided business cards for Ministers and their offices. Consult your Federal Identity Program coordinator for more information.
Figure T-291: Illustration of the arrangement of a symmetrical Arms of Canada signature and the Canada Wordmark on a single-sided business card.
- Reproduction method: offset printing
- Size: 90 x 50 mm (±2 mm)
- Colour/grade: white bristol
- Brightness: ≥92% (95% ISO brightness)
- Weight: 219 g/m2 (58 lb.)
- Signature typeface: Helvetica Light
- Signature type size: 6, 7 or 8 point
- Canada Wordmark: 23 mm wide
- Ink colours:
- all text is black (Process Black) and flag symbol is red (Pantone 032) for ministers;
- text is black (Process Black) and flag symbol is black (Process Black) for offices of ministers;
- Arms of Canada is 40% screen of black using 150 line screen
- The Arms of Canada and the Canada Wordmark are aligned to the centre of the business card.
- The top of the Arms of Canada is 2 mm from the top edge.
- The bottom of the Canada Wordmark is 4 mm from the bottom edge.
- Typeface: Helvetica Light
- Type size: body text is 6, 7 or 8 point, the individual's name is 11 point
- All text is centred on the card.
- Text is at least 3 mm from the signature and the Canada Wordmark.
- Official languages
- The order of the official languages is determined by the individual whose name is printed on the card.
- FIP Policy
- FIP Manual - 2.1 Stationery: Ministers, parliamentary secretaries and their offices
- Policy on Green Procurement (PWGSC)
Note: If there is a discrepancy between an official Treasury Board policy instrument and information on this Web page, the Treasury Board policy or standard prevails.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: