Special Purpose Vehicles and Mobile Equipment
These technical specifications (T-710) set out the requirements for the identification of Crown-owned or leased vehicles and equipment, including vehicles that are not part of the federal fleet; special purpose trailers and towed equipment; off-road vehicles and equipment; air, rail and water craft; and maintenance equipment used in view of the public.
These requirements are not mandatory for Royal Canadian Mounted Police and military assets and vehicles that are used for tests related to compliance verification and research.
Consult your Federal Identity Program coordinator for more information.
- The Government of Canada signature or the departmental signature and the Canada Wordmark are applied prominently and in close association with each other.
- The signature and the Canada Wordmark are placed where they provide the greatest visibility on the left and right side. The Canada Wordmark is aligned in relation with the signature and placed under it.
- All elements of the signature and the Canada Wordmark are produced in either black or white, whichever provides the greatest contrast.
- Overly prominent manufacturer or product identification that exceeds industry norms is removed.
- Applicable industry standards for durability of markings are observed.
- When necessary, a brief text description may be applied to the vehicle or equipment to inform the public of its function or provide other instructions or direction.
- On all vehicles and equipment operating in Canada, with the exception of the National Capital Region and the province of Quebec, the English applied title is positioned to the left of French in the signature. In the National Capital Region the order of the official languages may alternate in the signatures on either door or side of the vehicle or equipment. For vehicles and equipment operating mainly in the province of Quebec, the French applied title is positioned to the left of English in the signature.
- Canada Wordmark (T-130)
- Flag Symbol Signature (T-135)
- Arms of Canada Signature (T-140)
- Colour Values (T-145)
- Policy on Communications and Federal Identity
- FIP Manual - 3.1 Motor Vehicles: Requirements for markings
Note: If there is a discrepancy between an official Treasury Board policy instrument and information on this Web page, the Treasury Board policy or standard prevails.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: