Information about the Pension and Insurance Benefits Statement and alternative pension and insurance benefits resources
Date: August 1, 2017
The Government of Canada normally issues an annual Pension and Insurance Benefits Statement to all active public service pension plan members. The statement provides plan members with personal information about pension and insurance benefit entitlements and options. Statement data is drawn from both the PenFax pension and Phoenix pay systems, however, some system data may not currently be accurate. To ensure plan members do not receive inaccurate statements, the Pension and Insurance Benefits Statement that would have been available in spring 2017, will not be issued in either print or electronic format.
Alternative pension and insurance benefit resources:
Until statements can be issued, members can access pension and insurance benefits information from the following sources:
- Government of Canada Pension Centre: Plan members should contact the Pension Centre if:
- They are retiring within six months and need a pension estimate;
- They are leaving the public service and need a pension estimate;
- They are experiencing a relationship breakdown and are dividing their pension;
- They need information about a service buyback.
- Basic Pension Calculator: Other plan members can use the online Basic Pension Calculator. This easy-to-use tool provides estimates of pension entitlements using information a plan member inputs directly into the calculator.
- Compensation Web Applications: Plan members who have access to the Compensation Web Applications can view their 2015 Pension and Insurance Benefits Statement.
- Public Service Pay Centre or departmental compensation office: Plan members can contact either their departmental compensation office or the Pay Centre for insurance benefits information.
- Canada.ca/pension-benefits: Plan members can access general plan, registration, coverage and eligibility information about the public service pension plan and group insurance benefit plans on this website.
The Government of Canada takes its responsibility to ensure plan members have access to timely personal pension and insurance benefit information very seriously and is committed to rectifying the situation as quickly as possible.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: