Pension and benefits
Canada Life is now your Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) administrator. Send all claims to Canada Life, even if expenses were incurred before July 1, 2023. Don't forget to use your new plan number.
The transition of the Public Service Health Care Plan, the largest employer sponsored health care plan in Canada, from Sun Life to Canada Life, is a big undertaking. The transition affects 1.7 million federal public service employees, federal retirees and their eligible dependants. The Government of Canada is working diligently with Canada Life to transition the PSHCP as smoothly as possible, including ensuring wait times to reach a Canada Life representative by phone are reasonable. We sincerely appreciate your patience during this transition period.
For answers to the current most common questions:
- PSHCP FAQ and support (canadalife.com)
- Preparing for the Public Service Health Care Plan transition to Canada Life - Canada.ca
- New Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) administrator frequently asked questions - Canada.ca
- Welcome Public Service Health Care Plan (canadalife.com)
- Update: Improvements and changes to the Public Service Health Care Plan - Canada.ca
- Date modified: