Social media and web requirements
Rules for managing websites and official social media accounts.
Services and information
Top areas of interest for social media
Guidance on corporate use of social media.
Setting up social media accounts (accessible only on the Government of Canada network)
Prescribed processes for setting up and managing official accounts.
Federal identity and official social media accounts
Avatars, naming conventions, products posted on accounts, social media icons.
Rules for web writing
Canada.ca Content Style Guide, principles, plain language and structure.
Information architecture for Canada.ca
Canada.ca web templates and rules for creating government webpages.
Web developer's toolkit
Tools to build accessible and usable websites.
Layout and design for web and mobile
Technical specifications for different screen sizes.
Terms and conditions for departments' websites and web applications.
What we are doing
Policies and guidance
- Directive on the Management of Communications
- Mandatory Procedures for Social Media and Web Communications
- Design Standard for the Federal Identity Program
- Direction on Enabling Access to Web Services: Policy Implementation Notice
- Policy on Acceptable Network and Device Use
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: