Social media and web requirements
Rules for managing websites and official social media accounts.
Services and information
Guidance on corporate use of social media.
Setting up social media accounts (accessible only on the Government of Canada network)
Prescribed processes for setting up and managing official accounts.
Avatars, naming conventions, products posted on accounts, social media icons.
Canada.ca Content Style Guide, principles, plain language and structure.
Canada.ca web templates and rules for creating government webpages.
Tools to build accessible and usable websites.
Technical specifications for different screen sizes.
Terms and conditions for departments' websites and web applications.
What we are doing
Policies and guidance
- Directive on the Management of Communications
- Mandatory Procedures for Social Media and Web Communications
- Design Standard for the Federal Identity Program
- Direction on Enabling Access to Web Services: Policy Implementation Notice
- Policy on Acceptable Network and Device Use
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: