Have your say: Export support for Canada’s creative industries
Current status: Closed
The Department of Canadian Heritage and Global Affairs Canada sought your views on how to strengthen export support to Canada’s creative industries.
The Government of Canada’s current mechanism for supporting creative exports, the Creative Export Strategy, will expire in March 2023. In this context, input was sought from businesses and organizations operating in the creative sector in Canada (for example, audiovisual and interactive media, fashion and design, performing arts and music, publishing, visual arts), and those who may have an interest in this area.
Your feedback will help policymakers make decisions on future policies and programs to ensure they remain responsive to the needs of Canada’s creative industries.
Who should participate
For the purposes of these consultations, Canadian Heritage sought feedback from:
- Canadian businesses and organizations operating in the creative sector, including those owned and/or led by equity-deserving communities, and Indigenous peoples
- Canadians who have an interest in supporting the creative industries
How to participate
Attend a virtual roundtable session
Canadian Heritage hosted a series of virtual roundtable sessions in the summer of 2021 to discuss how best to provide export support to Canada’s creative industries going forward.
During these roundtable sessions, Canadian Heritage sought input on the following areas:
- Feedback on the existing suite of programs and services offered under the Creative Export Strategy
- Barriers and challenges to export for Canadian businesses and organizations operating in the creative sector
- Opportunities for strengthening the export support currently offered to Canada’s creative industries
Participate in the survey
The survey was available online from July 15 to August 19, 2021, and took approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Participation was voluntary and confidential.
- Canada’s Creative Export Strategy
- Creative industries trade missions, events and partnerships
- Creative Export Canada program
- International Trade Branch, International Trade Policy
Department of Canadian Heritage
25 Eddy St
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: