Have your say: Export support for Canada’s creative industries
Current status: Open
The Department of Canadian Heritage and Global Affairs Canada are seeking your views on how to strengthen export support to Canada’s creative industries.
The Government of Canada’s current mechanism for supporting creative exports, the Creative Export Strategy, will expire in March 2023. In this context, input is sought from businesses and organizations operating in the creative sector in Canada (for example, audiovisual and interactive media, fashion and design, performing arts and music, publishing, visual arts), and those who may have an interest in this area.
Your feedback will help policymakers make decisions on future policies and programs to ensure they remain responsive to the needs of Canada’s creative industries.
Who should participate
For the purposes of these consultations, Canadian Heritage is seeking feedback from:
- Canadian businesses and organizations operating in the creative sector, including those owned and/or led by equity-deserving communities, and Indigenous peoples
- Canadians who have an interest in supporting the creative industries
How to participate
Attend a virtual roundtable session
Canadian Heritage is hosting a series of virtual roundtable sessions to discuss how best to provide export support to Canada’s creative industries going forward.
During these roundtable sessions, Canadian Heritage is seeking input on the following areas:
- Feedback on the existing suite of programs and services offered under the Creative Export Strategy
- Barriers and challenges to export for Canadian businesses and organizations operating in the creative sector
- Opportunities for strengthening the export support currently offered to Canada’s creative industries
Roundtable session schedule
- June 25, 2021 from 10:30 am to 12 pm ET (session in English only)
- July 6, 2021 from 1:30 pm to 3 pm ET (session in French only)
- July 8, 2021 from 1:30 pm to 3 pm ET (session in English only)
- July 9, 2021 from 10:30 am to 12 pm ET (session in French only)
To register for your preferred roundtable session, please submit your request to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizations that wish to participate in the roundtables may only designate 1 representative to attend.
Please specify in your request if you require closed captioning through Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) services.
Participate in the survey
The survey will be available online from July 15 to August 19, 2021 and takes approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Participation is voluntary and confidential.Go to Survey
We invite you to share this page within your networks and encourage participation in the survey and roundtable sessions.
- Canada’s Creative Export Strategy
- Creative industries trade missions, events and partnerships
- Creative Export Canada program
- International Trade Branch, International Trade Policy
Department of Canadian Heritage
25 Eddy St
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: