Creative Export Canada
Creative Export Canada offers annual funding for projects that help our creative industries reach more people around the world.
Every day, more and more creative content is made available. Canadian creators and entrepreneurs are eager to stand out and have their works discovered by consumers everywhere.
This program supports projects that generate export revenues and help Canadian works shine whatever the platform or format. Due to its competitive nature, it will focus on high‑potential projects, and will encourage partnerships and innovative ideas.
View this video for a brief overview of the new Creative Export Canada program.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, an applicant must be either:
- a for-profit organization;
- a not-for-profit organization; or
- an Indigenous band council, tribal council, or other Indigenous government or organization (First Nations, Inuit or Métis).
Organizations must be Canadian-owned and -controlled, and incorporated under the laws of Canada, a province or a territory.
Only projects that have a direct impact on the following creative industries are eligible:
- design (limited to exhibit design, fashion design, product design, public art design, urban design)
- interactive digital media
- performing arts
- visual art
How to apply
- Read the application guidelines in their entirety before completing your application.
- Contact the Creative Export Canada program to request an application package and to submit the required documentation.
If your project's expenses start between April 1, 2019, and March 31, 2020, the deadline for your application is December 7, 2018.
You can now register for our free webinar.
Presenters will provide participants with information on how to submit a complete application package to be considered for funding. The audience will also have the opportunity to ask questions.
October 23, 2018 | 1:00 pm (EDT) | French
October 25, 2018 | 1:00 pm (EDT) | English
October 30, 2018 | 1:00 pm (EST) | French
November 1, 2018 | 1:00 pm (EST) | English
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register to the webinar of your choice.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Creative Export Canada program
25 Eddy Street, 8th Floor
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
- Application Guidelines – Creative Export Canada
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support - Canadian Heritage
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
- Where to start? Export checklist - Exporting for creative industries
- Video - Brief overview: new Creative Export Canada program
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: