Canada's Creative Export Strategy
The creative industries are a strength of the Canadian economy, at the heart of our competitive advantage on the international stage. Canada's creative industries are strong and innovative, and have the potential to be leaders in accelerating the growth of the Canadian economy.
In 2017, the creative industries accounted for:
- $53.1 billion in GDP
- 2.7 % of Canada's overall GDP
- more than 666,500 direct jobs
- countless spin-off jobs
We support creative industries in achieving international business objectives through the Creative Export Strategy.
The Strategy is divided into three pillars:
- Position creative industries for export and sales in foreign markets, and bolster funds available through existing programs: Canada Arts Presentation Fund, Canada Book Fund, Canada Music Fund, Canada Periodical Fund, and Telefilm Canada.
- Increase capacity at Canada's embassies and consulates to help Canadian creative industries succeed in key export markets, including but not limited to: New York, Paris, London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Shanghai, Mumbai, Mexico City, and Tokyo.
- Grow Canadian creative industries by funding export ready projects through the Creative Export Canada program and build the relationships needed to make business deals via trade missions, events and partnerships.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: