Local Festivals – Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage
Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage – Local Festivals component provides funding to local groups for recurring festivals that present the work of local artists, artisans or heritage performers.
Who can apply
Eligible applicants must represent one of the following community-based groups:
- a local non-profit organization or group;
- a local band council, local tribal council or other local Aboriginal government or organization (First Nations, Inuit or Métis).
In addition, applicants must:
- encourage local community engagement through activities that promote, celebrate and preserve local performing and visual arts or local heritage; and
- have successfully organized a prior edition of the festival, within the last two years, that met all eligibility requirements of this component.
Eligible projects and events
Successful applicants may receive up to 100 per cent of eligible expenses up to a maximum of $200,000 for festivals that:
- present the work of local artists, artisans, or heritage performers;
- actively involve members of the local community; and
- are intended for and accessible to the general public.
When an application deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.
- January 31 – for festivals starting between September 1 and December 31
- April 30 – for festivals starting between January 1 and June 30
- September 30 – for festivals starting between July 1 and August 31
Applications must be submitted by 2:00 pm (your local time).
How to apply
Should you be unable to access the new online system or apply online for any reason, please contact our support team.
Contact our support team
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
- Budget (PDF version, 260 KB) – MANDATORY with your funding application
- Confirmation of support from Municipal Government Form (PDF version, 179 KB) – MANDATORY with your funding application
- Application guidelines – Local Festivals
- Interim Report Form (PDF version, 19 KB)
- Final Report Form (PDF version, 212 KB)
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support - Canadian Heritage
- Liability Waiver Form (PDF version, 175 KB)
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
- Unincorporated Applicant Acceptance of Liability Form (PDF version, 258 KB) – MANDATORY with your funding application, if your group is not incorporated.
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: