Community Anniversaries – Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage
Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage – Community Anniversaries component provides funding to local groups for non-recurring local events, with or without a minor capital project.
NOTE: If you are an eligible Indigenous organization and would like to commemorate a Treaty, please contact the Program by email or phone as listed at the bottom of this page.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding under the Community Anniversaries component, organizations must be:
- a local, non-profit organization or group;
- a local band council, local tribal council or other local Aboriginal government or equivalent organizations (First Nations, Inuit or Métis); or
- a municipal administration, a municipal agency or a public authority of the municipality.
Eligible events and projects
Funding is available for non-recurring events that mark the 100th anniversary or greater, in increments of 25 years (e.g., 125th, 150th); of a significant local historical event or personality.
Funding includes capital projects up to a maximum amount of $25,000 (such as community art projects, restoration of objects, community history books, statues and murals). Successful projects may receive up to 100 per cent of eligible expenses to a maximum of $200,000 for events that:
- present the work of local artists, artisans and heritage performers or specialists;
- actively involve members of the local community; and
- are intended for and accessible to the general public.
April 30 for events that will occur during the next calendar year.
How to apply
Contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage to request the Community Anniversaries Application Guide and an application form.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage
15 Eddy Street, 8th Floor
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: