Export Development Stream — Creative Export Canada
The Export Development Stream (EDS) of the Creative Export Canada program offers funding for new and early-stage exporters to build capacity and expand into international markets. The EDS also offers funding for seasoned exporters to expand into new international markets and build business networks.
The Stream is highly competitive, therefore only a limited number of projects are funded each year.
It is strongly recommended that you read the entire Application Guidelines before beginning the application process.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, a company/organization must meet all of the following requirements:
- be incorporated under the laws of Canada, a province or a territory
- be a for-profit company or not-for-profit organization
- be Canadian-owned and -controlled
- have a maximum of $10 million in annual revenues in the current or previous fiscal year
- have a minimum of 1 full-time employee
You can submit only 1 application per deadline, including entities or subsidiaries of a parent company.
Full eligibility criteria are detailed in the Application Guidelines.
The period for submitting a funding application for projects with expenses starting between April 1, 2023, and March 31, 2024 is now closed. The next intake will be in the Fall of 2023 (launch and deadline dates to be confirmed), for projects with expenses starting between April 1, 2024 and March 31, 2025.
To stay abreast of the latest news, please visit this page frequently. You can also ask that we add your contact information to our distribution list by sending an email to email@example.com.
How to apply
- Read the Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing your application
- Complete and sign the Application form
- Provide all supporting documents, as detailed in the Application Guidelines
- Submit your complete application package by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Creative Export Canada program
Department of Canadian Heritage
25 Eddy St, 8th Floor
Gatineau QC J8X 4B5
Please note that we will respond to you within 2 business days.
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Local time).
Guides and help
- Application Guidelines
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support — Canadian Heritage
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
- Where to start? Export checklist — Exporting for creative industries
Related services and information
- Creative Export Canada
- Export-Ready Stream — Creative Export Canada
- Canada's Creative Export Strategy
- Funding for creative industries — Exporting for creative industries
- Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS)
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Creation and culture — Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Date modified: