Export-Ready Stream — Creative Export Canada
Labour disruptions impact at Canadian Heritage
The Government of Canada and the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) have reached a tentative agreement, ending the strike affecting many public service members. There may still be some service impacts over the next few weeks.
The Export-Ready Stream (ERS) of the Creative Export Canada program offers funding through contributions (not loans) for export-ready projects that generate export revenues and help Canadian creative industries reach more people around the world.
Ultimately, the program aims to increase export profitability for Canada’s creative industries.
The Stream is highly competitive, therefore only a limited number of projects are funded each year.
It is strongly recommended that you read the entire Application Guidelines before beginning the application process. They have been updated to reflect the following changes:
- Project expenses must start between April 1, 2023, and March 31, 2024
- Funding may be requested for projects spanning up to 24 months but ending no later than March 31, 2025
- Projects that fall under the new creative industry of artistic craft are now eligible for funding
- Evaluation criteria now include the empowerment and/or promotion of the creative works of Indigenous communities and/or equity-deserving community members, as well as support provided to promote environmental sustainability practices
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, a company/organization must meet all of the following requirements:
- be incorporated under the laws of Canada, a province or a territory
- be a for-profit company or not-for-profit organization
- be Canadian-owned and -controlled
- have a maximum of $500 million in annual revenues
- have a minimum of 1 full-time employee (to be paid a salary)
You can submit only 1 application per deadline, including entities or subsidiaries of a parent company.
Full eligibility criteria are detailed in the Application Guidelines.
The period for submitting a funding application for projects with expenses starting between April 1, 2023, and March 31, 2024 is now closed. The next intake will be in the Fall of 2023 (launch and deadline dates to be confirmed), for projects with expenses starting between April 1, 2024 and March 31, 2025.
To stay abreast of the latest news, please visit this page frequently. You can also ask that we add your contact information to our distribution list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
- Read the Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing your application
- Complete and sign the Application Form
- Provide all supporting documents, as detailed in the Application Guidelines
- Submit your complete application package by email to email@example.com
Creative Export Canada program
Department of Canadian Heritage
25 Eddy St, 8th Floor
Gatineau QC J8X 4B5
Please note that we will respond to you within 2 business days.
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (ET).
Guides and help
- Application Guidelines 2023-2024 — Export-Ready Stream — Creative Export Canada
- Application Form 2023-2024 — Export-Ready Stream — Creative Export Canada
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support — Canadian Heritage
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
- Where to start? Export checklist — Exporting for creative industries
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: