Canada Cultural Spaces Fund
Important update for the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund
Please note that updates have been made to the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund.
The Canada Cultural Spaces Fund (CCSF) is in high demand and available program funding is very limited for the current and next fiscal years. Requests for funding have exceeded the available resources. Potential applicants are encouraged to contact a CCSF advisor at the nearest Canadian Heritage regional office before submitting an application.
The CCSF supports the improvement of physical conditions for arts, heritage culture and creative innovation. The Fund supports renovation and construction projects, the acquisition of specialized equipment and feasibility studies related to cultural spaces.
The CCSF is supporting cultural infrastructure projects across the country. Find out where they are in your region through the Investing in Canada Plan Project Map.
Who can apply
The following organizations are eligible for funding:
- a not-for-profit arts and/or heritage organization operating in a professional manner, incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act, or under the equivalent provincial or territorial legislation
- applicants must demonstrate that they have been active in the execution of their arts and/or heritage mandate for at least the previous 2 years, and that their programming is accessible to all Canadians
- a not-for-profit arts and/or heritage organization, incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act, or under the equivalent provincial or territorial legislation, that is proposing the development and management of a creative hub
- a provincial/territorial government, a municipal administration, one of their agencies
- an Indigenous governing body and their agencies (First Nations, Self-government and Modern Treaty Partners. Inuit, Métis Nations communities, northern First Nation and northern Métis communities, urban Indigenous communities’ organization) that has historically demonstrated its support to professional artistic or heritage activities, including Indigenous cultural practice in their community.
Federal organizations and Crown Corporations are not eligible for funding.
The CCSF receives applications on an ongoing basis.
How to apply
Interested applicants should contact a CCSF program officer at their nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage prior to submitting an application.
Contact usCanada Cultural Spaces Fund
Department of Canadian Heritage
15 Eddy St
Gatineau QC J8X 4B3
- Please contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage
Call Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (local time).
- Video relay service (VRS)
- You can use free VRS services (ASL and LSQ) to provide us your feedback or questions.
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
- Date modified: