Canada Cultural Spaces Fund
As part of the 2016 budget, the federal government announced that over the next two years, it will be investing an additional $168.2 million in cultural infrastructure through the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund. As of May 1, 2016, Public Art and Feasibility Studies are now eligible for support under the Fund.
The Canada Cultural Spaces Fund (CCSF) supports the improvement of physical conditions for artistic creativity and innovation. The fund supports the improvement, renovation and construction of arts and heritage facilities, as well as the acquisition of specialized equipment.
By supporting improvements to our country’s cultural spaces, the CCSF increases access for Canadians to performing arts, visual arts, media arts, museum collections and heritage displays.
Who can apply
Eligible applicants include:
- not-for-profit arts and heritage organizations, incorporated under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, Part II of the Canada Corporations Act or under corresponding provincial or territorial legislation;
- provincial/territorial governments, municipal or regional governments and their agencies; and
- Aboriginal people’s institutions or organizations.
Federal organizations and federal Crown corporations are not eligible for funding.
The Canada Cultural Spaces Fund receives applications on an ongoing basis.
How to apply
Interested applicants are required to contact a CCSF program officer at their nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage prior to:
- reviewing the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund – Program Guidelines (PDF format, 353 KB);
- completing the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund – Application Form (PDF format, 147 KB); and
- completing the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund – Project Budget (PDF format, 266 KB).
15 Eddy Street
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
Guides and help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: