Strategic Fund — Development of Official Language Communities
COVID-19 and support measures for the culture, heritage and sport sectors
Learn about the immediate action the Government of Canada is taking to provide support measures and financial relief for the culture, heritage and sport sectors.
The Strategic Fund enhances the vitality of official language minority communities through major projects and strategic initiatives designed to:
- improve community living spaces (meeting places, cultural programs and events, community radio, and others);
- impact several communities, preferably in more than one province or territory;
- develop new areas of intervention; and
- encourage the concerted effort and cooperation of several partners.
Who can apply
Eligible applicants include:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, duly registered;
- associations and professional institutions; and
- provincial and territorial governments.
Eligible expenditures include, but are not limited to:
- costs to set up, deliver and monitor projects that help ensure the long-term development of official language minority communities in priority sectors.
The following expenditures are not eligible: expenditures related to activities with an international dimension.
Applications for funding may be submitted at any time during the fiscal year.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- review the Application Guidelines; and
- contact the Official Languages Support Programs of the Department of Canadian Heritage to request an application package and to submit the required documentation.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Official Languages Support Programs
15 Eddy Street, 7th Floor
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: